through June 15
With FOOD, MASKS, AND BAGS coming and going during this crisis period -- we have never been more blessed with short-term volunteer opporunities!
No matter what your skills: office, customer service, warehouse, driver, or coordinator -- we are offering a short term "gig" to anyone so inspired to take on a project through June 15 - or potential to June 30.
If you have a window of time, this could be a calling!
Why NOW - June 2020 - is the PERFECT TIME to Volunteer for JOMM:
1. Be part of a REWARDING project working as a team.
2. BUILD YOUR RESUME with a role in manufacturing, warehousing, distributing, transportation, and customer service. JOMM can be a reference for your next job!
3. TAKE LEADERSHIP as we need team leaders in many "departments" until the mask project is over.
4. GET FOOD - yes, our volunteers can have food for their immediate family needs, no problem, no judgment.
Opportunity #1: Come and Work at JOMM for 3 hours in CUSTOMER SERVICE
Now through June 15, JOMM is looking for volunteers to staff our "Partner Pickup Area" which is normally used for giving out food to our non-profit partners. The position of MASK AND BAG CLERK involves greeting any drive-up visitors who want to do one of four things:
1. Pick up a Mask Making Kit - these are people or groups who want make a kit of 700 masks
2. Drop off a Finished Masks - these are people who want to drop off their finished kit
3. Pick up Finished Masks - these are people who need masks for their organization or business
4. Drop off a Bag and a Buck - these are people who are donating to our current campaign
The shifts are available Monday-Saturday, from 9:00-noon, (and from noon-3:00 eventually). It's a good job for 1 or 2 people if you want to bring a friend. Complete training and materials are available, and the job is not strenuous. You are certain to meet dozens of charitable people, working in a friendly atmosphere.
Opportunity #2: Join Our Transportation Team - Mask Box Delivery & Pickup & "Bag Fetching"
If you have a reliable car (mini-van or SUV ideal, but not required) and like to drive around, now through June 15 we have a near-daily need for people who are willing to go around moving boxes and bags to and from JOMM. Here are the types of deliveries involved:
1. Deliver a Mask Making Kit to someone who has ordered online, requiring delivery.
2. Pick up Finished Masks from someone who is done making masks, needing pickup.
3. Fetch a Bag from someone who has a donation for the Bag and a Buck Campaign.
4. Help shuttle Kits and Masks and Bags from our satellite locations to and from JOMM.
This job requires a cell phone, Google Maps, and willingness to call and text people that you are approaching. We've been doing this for a couple of months now, and everyone is REALLY NICE!
Opportunity #3: OFFICE - Organize Volunteers, Pickups, and Deliveries
Are you an organized person who likes projects, people, phones, e-mail, and computers? We are looking for 2-3 people to jump in at the organizational level on a short-term basis.
While we have a team in place and systems to track what's coming and going, we could use some help! This is a good job for anyone with free time over the next 3-4 weeks, who wants a rewarding project that is certain to show tangible results.